MISSION DESIGN DOCUMENT: THE FACTORY – ACT 02
Act 02 – Overview
In the Act 02 of “The Factory”, the level will introduce the Second Base Area (B2) of the Old Robot Factory. The player needs to find a way to turn ON the factory system again – by finding the battery and plugin in the core – to be able to access the elevator to the third base floor. During all his way, the player will need to protect himself against two new Enemy AI, that will be activated right after the energy gets back. One enemy is in patrol mode and the other one hanging around. By restoring the energy and taking the new Time Weapon, the player can cross the laser corridor by delaying the time speed, and finally access the elevator. Accessing the new elevator, the Act 02 ends.
Estimated Difficulty: 7/10
Estimated Gameplay Duration: 5-6 minutes
Objective 01: Find the battery
Here the player begins in one side of the Base Area (B2) and needs to cross all the way to the other side, in search for the battery that will turn everything on. This first objective provides a good example of dark scenarios and dodging experience that the player will feel during the gameplay. To access the room that the battery is, the player will need to go to the top floor and destroy the glass floor, since the bottom floor has all doors closed from outside. The goal is to find the battery.
Estimated time to complete: 2 – 3 minutes
- Start the mission right after access the B2 Floor;
- Run and make your way ahead to access the next room. The player will face two different paths:
– By accessing the ventilation tube, the player can go to the right and avoid the first wave of enemies;
– By following the normal path, the player will face the first wave of enemies, but can also get a special Sustenance Reward: Armor Vest.
– If the player loses, the game restarts from the beginning.
- Make your way to the second floor to be able to access the top room;
- Destroy the glass by shooting the pillars in the room, and breaking it with the impact;
- Get the battery and finish the first objective.
Objective 02: Plug-in the battery in the Core
Just after have taking the battery, the player will need to do all his way back to the Core central room. This second objective forces the player to explore the level again by using different paths and analyzing how the level will change after the energy is on. The goal is to plug-in the battery in the Core System. By connecting the battery in the Core, the player will get a Time Weapon.
Estimated time to complete: 1 minute
- Start the mission right after have taking the battery;
- Run and make your way ahead by exiting the room through the door which was closed by outside;
- Follow ahead avoiding the attack of the enemy of type 1 and access the stairs;
- Plug-in the battery in the Core System achieving a Access Reward with the energy ON;
- By connecting the battery, the player will get as a Facility Reward a Time Weapon and finish the second objective. ￼
Objective 03: Access the elevator
With the battery connected in the Core System, all the level will start to turn the energy on. Lights will start to glow and some environment changes will happen. The enemies of type 2 will also turn on, finally attacking the player in patrol mode. The third objective explores how the level is changed after the energy is restored to the factory. The goal is to cross the laser corridor by using the power of the new Time Weapon and accessing the elevator, finishing the Act 02.
Estimated time to complete: 2 minutes
- Start the mission after have taking the Time Weapon;
- Face the first wave of new enemies that are awake now: o If the player shoots the enemy he can paralyze it for a determined time;- If the player loses, the game restarts from the last checkpoint.
- Follow ahead and access the stairs to the bottom floor;
- Face the new wave of enemies 1 and 2 together;
- Access the laser corridor;
- Use the Time Weapon to slow the time and the movement of the laser:- If the player use the Time Weapon he can slow the time and cross the corridor;
– If the player touches the laser he loses, and the game restarts from the last checkpoint.
- By accessing the elevator the third objective ends and also the Act 02. ￼
01. Hanging Robot – Far Type
Hanging Robot is one of the oldest robots AI created by humans. Different of most of the other AI, he does not need energy to stay awake. But in consequence, he cannot move around, as he is always hung in the ceiling.
Hanging Robot has standard range behaviour. He is always away from the player. By being hung from the ceiling, he reacts to the physical environment and can be easily manipulated by the player when the player shoots him. But he can’t be destroyed. Hanging Robot can only attack the ones who enter inside his radial range. Reward: There is no reward by shooting/killing the Hanging Robot.
02. Patrol Robot – Near Type
Patrol Robot is a recent robot AI created by humans. They need energy to stay awake, since they have very strong weapon damage. Their body are composed by metal pieces and very long legs.
Patrol Robot has patrol behaviour and they move towards the player. By being shoot for a number of times by the player, the Patrol Robot enters in paralyze phase and this is how the player can get advantage and run away. Patrol Robot cannot be destroyed. Reward: There is no reward by shooting/killing the Patrol Robot.
First Group: 3x Hanging Robot Group Behaviour: Controller
By being positioned and hung in the ceiling, the first group of Hanging Robots will manipulate the player in a way that he will need to choose between the best path to follow, and how to react according to the enemy position.
Second Group: 2x Patrol Robot Group Behaviour: Controller
As well as the first group of enemies, the two Patrol Robots will manipulate the player’s strategy and path, by attacking him after they are connected with the Core System.
Third Group: 3x Patrol Robot / 1x Hanging Robot Group Behaviour: Master and Controller
Finally, the last group of enemies will behave in two different ways. The only Hanging Robot of this area of the level will behave as a Master and Controller enemy, since the player will need first to find the best strategy to avoid his attack coming from the up area, being manipulated by them. And second, acting as Master Enemy by improves the damage caused by the other 3 Patrol Robots.